Thursday, March 7, 2013

Sexual harrassment

One of the male ER docs I work with has the curse of being incredibly good looking. He is stop-and-look-again Adonis hot and looks very young. I never thought of this as an impediment to working as a health care provider until I realized he is constantly fending off the advances of his female patients. I followed him into each patients room during a shift to see just how bad it was. Each and every female patient he had commented on his youthful appearance and then proceeded to make a pass at him. "You don't look old enough to be a doctor"; " When you fix me up, we could go out for dinner later."

At the end of this long day of female patients, he finally snapped at a lady- "This is not appropriate behavior- I am your doctor. I am here to help you with your illness."

To which the lady responded with a smile, "I can name several ways you can help me..."

So, what do you do about sexual harrassment from your patients?

No comments:

Post a Comment